Achieva Credit Union, A Tampa Bay Times Best Place to Work for 10 Years in a Row, is growing! Our Murdock Branch in Port Charlotte is looking for a Personal Banker/Universal Branch Advisor to join their team. Come be a part of something GOOD!
Location: Murdock Branch
Assist Achieva in its mission to ‘change lives for GOOD’! Team members maintain a working knowledge of all products, services, organizational policies, and procedures. Responsible for dominating in service while cross-selling credit union solutions. Must be able to work Saturdays, travel to and provide support to surrounding market branches, as assigned. Must participate in annual training as required for BSA and the Privacy Act.
- Dominates in service by providing prompt, friendly, and accurate service to everyone!
- Serves as a well-rounded banking professional by performing a variety of member transactions, including cash/check handling, account opening and servicing, uncovering and matching financial needs to Achieva’s products and services, consumer loan origination and closing, servicing specialty accounts such as Trust and Business Accounts, etc.
- Lives the Brand Frame by always ‘Finding a Way’ to assist, providing ‘VIP’ service, ‘Making it Easy’ to do business, and ‘Learning’ all about internal/external customers while promoting an environment of ‘Trust’.
Meets loan and sales goals by ‘Connecting’ to our customers and ‘Guiding’ them to solutions that will change their financial lives for GOOD.
Passionate about Achieva’s brand awareness! Promotes the benefits of Credit Unions and Achieva in the surrounding community by building a pipeline of raving members, participating in Achieva’s awesome community events, and by taking advantage of business development opportunities.
Fosters collaboration and efficiently communicates with other branches and support departments.
Maintains member confidentiality at all times.
Provides guidance to other team members.
Responsible for upholding all credit union ethical standards.
Represents the credit union in a courteous and professional manner.
Perform other essential job functions as required or assigned.
Tenured team members may additionally:
- Mentor new team members
- Earn Super Power skillsets, like Trainer, Certified Financial Counseling, advanced IRA Processing, etc.
- Perform management duties.
Experience and Skills:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Within first year of serving as a Universal Branch Advisor, UBAs will earn a CUNA Certified Financial Counselor designation and positioning them to provide extensive consultative services related to budgeting, credit management, and some retirement planning.
- 1-2 years of financial institution, retail environment, or customer service experience
- The ability to multi-task
- Organizational skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Sharp attention to detail
- A professional demeanor, appearance, and speech
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to identify and solve problems
- Proficiently use common office equipment: copier, fax, scanner, telephone, Windows based PC, 10 key adding machine
- Knowledge and practical use of MS Office Suite.